Friday, January 08, 2010

I'll take a quiet life, a handshake of carbon monoxide///

I feel bad. Here I made resolutions and yet I don't think I have kept up with them as well as I would have liked to. The best news is that I haven't gained any more weight so far. Paul and I have been trying to do our best to change our eating habits. It is hard. We both really love food. He loves to cook and we do a good job of it too! We have been cutting our portions and also trying to eat more veggies and make our own food vs. eating out (which helps me out since I am on a fixed income at the moment). I am still hovering around 203 at the moment. It has been so cold to go to the garage and get on the treadmill (which I know is an excuse and that's my problem) but I have been cutting on the snacking while spending my days at home.

I have been sending tons of resumes online via craigslist. It has paid off some what. I had an interview this Tuesday for a dentist office in Midtown (which is coincidentally one block from where I was previously employed which would have been awkward for me) but I don’t think I will get the job. They apparently want someone who has experience with a dental office. I don’t have that. The thing that ticked me off more then anything was that the lady didn’t seem like I could do well in that office. She kept telling me that they wanted someone who knows their program, blah blah blah. I think the whole interview lasted a whopping 5 minutes. Tonight, I have another interview with a law firm that is walking distance to Sac State!!! It couldn't be any better then that. I am crossing my fingers that this is the big break that I am looking for. And if this isn’t the job for me, at least I got the chance to get interviewed.

My first unemployment check came in yesterday. It wasn’t much but its money that I can definitely use to get by. I also get paid from the three days I did temp work for those apartments. I know it will only be a little bit but it’s a good feeling to have some sort of money coming in with my name on it. I am kind of glad to have had this experience. It has taught me who I really can trust in life, people who I knew were back stabbers all along but yet chose to see the good in instead of seeing them for the evil bastards that they really are, and I have come to value the things that really matter in life to me. I have grown up. I am better then I was. I am no longer a weakling that others can push around and control.

I guess this is an update blog entry. And today, I am happy. I have a life that is wonderful. A life that is full of love. I have the cats to keep me company at home. Beasley loves to chat with me and get my attention when ever he can. He meows all the time and then comes to hang out with me on the window ledge in my “study” and watch the birds fly by or the squirrels play in the trees. He hangs out with me when I do my gardening in the back yard (my next project is to start an herb garden in the back yard) or when I am working on an art project. And Poppy loves to be a princess and sleep on the couch all day long. I am a lucky girl. End of story.

0 comments: