Thursday, May 01, 2008

I'll finish this shit this month, day ten///

Things I love/ Things I hate:

When I hear a song by a band that I like being used in a commercial... There was a commercial for one of the new Cadillacs some time ago that used the song "Stars" by an obscure mid 90's band called Hum (which I really loved a long time ago... An old boyfriend knew that I love it so much, he put it on a mixed CD that he made for my 19th birthday back in 2002)... Apple used a song by a band that I liked but once that commercial/ song was played for about the 100th time in the span of a few short months, the song lost all possible meaning to me (the song being "Music is my Hot Hot Sex" by Cansei de Ser Sexy or as the lame scenesters like to call it CSS... I tell you, they are a pretty bad ass band from Brazil). About a month ago or so, I heard an awesome song used by Nike for their new "My Better is Better Then Your Better" campaign which I thought for some reason that it was a new Gnarls Barkley song, but it turned out to be by Saul Williams called "List of Demands (Reparations)" which I think it probably the most inspiring song I've heard in a long time. It's one of those songs that I would totally add to a play list of songs to work out to if, that is, I actually attempted to work out. Sprint used a song by Architecture In Helsinki called "Souvenirs" for one of their new innovations or something like that. Today, while I was doing something not all to productive online and while Paul was watching Lost on ABC, I heard a song by a band that I really like called "After Hours" by We Are Scientist... I really did get happy because I know some people won't know what is the song unless they are total nerds like me and can hear faint things like the tune of a particular song (I think that would be my super hero ability if I was ever one). Anyways, I got to thinking right now of maybe making a mixed CD of all the songs that I like that are also used by commercials...

I lost track of this post now... Oh, yea. I love the fact that I get to hear these songs that I really enjoy but sometimes, it just totally turns me off to them. I think that all these bands are awesome and amazing but I cant help but think that having a song in a nation wide/ world wide promotion will end up killing them not only from me but from other fans/ potential fans everywhere. But, like I said earlier, I think I am totally gonna make a mixed CD of those songs now.

0 comments: